Mental Health at Work Commitment
ERS Medical Patient Transport is pleased to announce they have joined other UK businesses and organisations, mental health charities and non-governmental organisations in the Mental Health at work commitment to promoting a nationwide commitment on improving mental health care in the workplace.
The Commitment provides a framework for employers who recognise the importance of promoting staff well-being.
This framework sets out six clear standards
- Prioritise mental health in the workplace by developing and delivering a systematic programme of activity
- Proactively ensure work design and organisational culture drive positive mental health outcomes
- Promote an open culture around mental health
- Increase organisational confidence and capability
- Provide mental health tools and support
- Increase transparency and accountability through internal and external reporting
Doing nothing is not an option, the recent Mental Health at Work YouGov survey conducted for Business in the Community (BITC) shows only one in two (51%) of respondents say they feel comfortable talking about mental health in the workplace, two in five (39%) say they have experienced a work-related mental health issue in the last year and 300k people every year lose their jobs to mental health problems.
By joining the Commitment ERS Medical hopes to show that Mental Health at work is a priority and to share best practice that can be activated among employers at all levels.
To find out more or to make a commitment visit https://www.mentalhealthatwork.org.uk/commitment/standards/standard-6/
Related Blog : Putting employee’s well-being first