Dry January at ERS Medical (PTS)
January is a time when many of us start New Year resolutions which often involve looking after our health, so what better way to start the New Year off here at ERS Medical than by signing up to the Dry January challenge.
Dry January is a campaign by Alcohol Concern, supported by Public Health England, to encourage people to take a break from drinking for a month.
Studies have shown that even taking just one month off drinking alcohol can have many benefits such as more sleep, weight loss and improved concentration.
More information about drinking less is also available on www.nhs.uk
University of Sussex results
- 93% of participants had a sense of achievement.
- 88% saved money.
- 82% think more deeply about their relationship with drink.
- 80% feel more in control of their drinking.
- 76% learned more about when and why they drink.
- 71% realised they do not need a drink to enjoy themselves.
- 70% had generally improved health.
- 71% slept better.
- 67% had more energy.
- 58% lost weight.
- 57% had better concentration.
- 54% had better skin.